Naqshbandiya Foundation for Islamic Education

The Naqshbandiya Foundation for Islamic Education (NFIE) is a non-profit, tax exempt, religious and educational organization dedicated to serve Islam with a special focus on Tasawwuf(Sufism),

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Shaykh Yahya Rhodus: The Greatness of Blessings -Story of Sahl al-Tustari (RA) - Al Maqasid - August 1, 2024

YouTube Video:

https://youtu.be/NmTXwoAHaBM?si=VWlfJ6MD4UYfSa9n

"The pitfall of blessings is becoming accustomed to them."

Often, we don't realize the greatness of blessings until they are taken from us. It is the affair of the believer, who knows the true way of gratitude and thankfulness, to be aware and conscious of the blessings that Allah bestows upon us. As Allah says in the Quran: "And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'" (Quran 14:7) This weekly program includes a recitation of the prophetic biography in poetry form followed by a counsel intended to connect the listener to the Prophet ﷺ and his teachings. The more we know about his life, character, and way, the more we will come to love and follow the one beloved to Allah. PDF for following along can be downloaded from URL https://bit.ly/39mLNXV Loving the Beloved reoccurs each Thursday at 7:30 PM Eastern

Full Video of Loving the Beloved saws : https://www.youtube.com/live/VZstk6TJnPw?si=aYUbO_DSDiNrxFva

Shaykh Yahya tells the Story of Hazrat Sahl al-Tustari: "I was three when I watched my uncle Hazrat Muhammad ibn Sawwar (RA) pray all night and he after noticing this advised me to say three times at bedtime " God is with me, God is watching over me, God is witnessing me" He then instructed me to repeat seven times. A year passed and then he advised continue this practice until you go to grave.Sahl! said my uncle when God is with you and sees you how can you then disobey Him"

Dhikr Formula: Allahu Ma'i ( Allah is with me), Allahu Nazri ( Allah is looking at me), Allahu Shahidi ( Allah is watching me)
Source:
Lisan al-Din (Language of Faith) https://lisanaldin.blogspot.com/2009/04/sahl-al-tustari.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home